Cornify

Thursday, October 22, 2009

some things I don't know

I know this is a little odd, because it is very hard to "know" what one does not know. It's like asking someone to think of something they have never thought about before. Not an easy task.

And true, there are millions of things that I don't know, and obviously, the more I learn, the more I will be aware of what I don't know. But these are things like, "what is the meaning of life?" and "why has the internet made me so stupid?" Not something you can look up.

This, on the other hand, is a list I have managed to compile of things that most people know, and that I could easily learn.
But I just don’t know them for some reason, and I haven’t really spent the time to learn them.

- The difference between affect and effect
- What “Modal Jazz” is
- The names and types of clouds

- The provinces of Canada
- Canadian geography in general

- Why Doc Holiday is famous
- types of gold, diamonds, and what exactly a “karat” is
- birth stones, and the significance of expensive jewelry
- where Sonoma is
- any Led Zeppelin songs.
(I have a cassette tape… I should just listen to it.)
- the proper pronunciation of any French words
- French
- how to be on time.

1 comments:

Maya said...

- Affect is a verb, effect is a noun.
- No one cares about the French or their language.
- Listen to Dr. Phil about how to be on time