Cornify

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

15 more days...

...until I reach the 20th year of my life.

The past few weeks have probably been the most interesting and high and low and insane in all of those 20 years.

Last night I spontaneously decided to skip my astronomy lab (it was raining... it's not like we could have done anything,) to go to an NA meeting.
Essentially, that changed my entire outlook on everything.
Yesterday I went downtown to volunteer. I've been working with Invisible Children a lot lately, and The Rescue is coming up, which I'm really stoked about.
Tomorrow I am not wearing shoes all day. This might become a habit, because it's awesome. But tomorrow I'm doing it for this reason.
And today, I laughed. I genuinely laughed like I have not laughed in a very long time.
It was glorious. My soul felt free once again.
And, I could blame this recent lack-of-laughter on quite a few things, but I have decided to throw those things out the window and dive even deeper into this unlimited hope and love in which I have found myself.

There is no escaping God's relentless pursuit of our souls. I might as well embrace all that he has.
I am slowly beginning to do this... after all of the pain, all of the confusion, all of the questioning, all of the frustration, all of the pointless detours; I finally am on the road again.
I know it will not be easy, but rather, it will be a slow and tedious tilling of the soil before sowing season. Before a new period of growth, before a new abundant harvest.

Now, I say this for no one but myself: I'm excited to see what happens.

0 comments: