Cornify

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the last day

Today is the last day of my life that I will be a teenager.

I can't even fathom everything that has happened in the span of the past year. Really. It's been crazy.

Also, this last weekend was THE BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE. Seriously. Well, so far!
Recording in the studio, doing Critical Mass, working at The Rescue, going to the Best Fest film festival, truly falling in love with my Creator once again were just a few of the highlights.
Check out these pictures from The Rescue ----->

I keep trying to consider everything that's happened this past year.
And I keep trying to write something that articulates how I feel about the passage of time. I don't know that I can. But time is the weirdest thing. It's not even real or tangible, but it controls our lives. It's sad to think that time is the only reason that I have some of the things that I currently have, or the reason that I lost some of the things that I used to have. I mean, what keeps me from the things that I once possessed and was unwilling to let go of? Only time.

7 years ago I was turning 13. So many things have happened since then. So much time has passed. So many people and things have came and went, and there have really only been two consistencies in my life throughout all of that time. And I can't even really say that I was one of those things.
Funny how that is.

Anyway, I have made peace with all of this, and I am excited to welcome the next year, and next decade of my life!
Time, time, time. I will defy you with my life and my love and my passion. Somehow, I will.

And tonight I'm going to a Death Cab For Cutie concert and I'm stoked!!!!

God has a lot to show me. I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Maya said...

Yay! I got you some freaking awesome presents. :)

A-ron said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Welcome to the non-teenage years, I hope they're exceedingly better than the teenage years.