Cornify

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009: the year of awe (and other goals)

So, I realize that 2009 is well underway at this point, and that I'm kind of behind on my blogging. I'm behind on a few other things too, which can get annoying.

This year so far has been interesting.
Yesterday I went to Disneyland with Cassandra and it was SO MUCH FUN!
Wow. I forgot how impressive that place is.

But, yeah; I wanted to use these words to lay out some goals that I have for this year:

- Learn to worship God in the truest way possible. (This might take some creative thinking/living, but it should be worth it.)

- Write a poem every day. (So far so good!)

- Write and record a lot more songs. (I'm thinking at least 50)

- find the lyrics for the 2004 classic Louis XVI and record it.

- Get my AA and degree from Grossmont (and get good grades! Last semester I got all A's and I think that that was a good thing to do... I should try to keep it up!)

- Intern (or get a job) with a sound company

- Be more organized

- Help someone in need (hopefully more than one someone)

- Make someone's life better

- Spend less time on the computer (Funny... because I also want to maintain my blog; but I think I'll be able to find a balance.)

And my most interesting and perhaps most important goal:

- To be in awe.

I've noticed that as I've gotten older that I've started to "get used to" things really easily. Lots of things can get familiar and I can easily get complacent in the way I act sometimes.
But you know what, I'm sick of feeling jaded. I'm sick of feeling sick and tired of things!
I want to be in awe of life and I don't want to take the amazing beauty around me for granted.
So that's my goal.

I'll leave you with this:

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change." - Buddha

Bye for now.

1 comments:

A-ron said...

Maintaining a sense of awe is certainly a challenge. It's hard to fight the jaded feelings that come with age, but fight them we must. Otherwise life become unbearable.