Cornify

Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas

I don't really know what to say about Christmas.
I doubt that I am informing anyone that December 25th is Christmas day, because I'm sure you already knew that. I think most people do.

And I don't know how to adequately reflect on a day like this. Nothing especially unique or eventful has happened on this particular day in 2008.
Perhaps I cannot reflect upon Christmas.
Maybe I will eventually, but not now.
I think that perhaps the reason I feel this way because I feel that Christmas has snuck up on me this year. This whole year has actually been pretty sneaky. I wasn't exactly prepared. But here it is, and now it has come and gone.

I don't know how you feel about Christmas.
I don't know how the world feels about Christmas.
It is a "special occasion" for many, and a religious holiday, or maybe a day when an obese man breaks in and leaves gifts in your socks and steals your sweets, or maybe it is just another day.

I hope that you like Christmas.
I'm beginning to like it more and more, I think.

Today it is a rainy day. Or maybe a melted-snow day.
I like to think of it as a melted-snow day. That makes San Diego seem slightly more exotic, I guess.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you a happy Thursday, happy December 25th, happy Boxing-day eve, and most of all:



And a big THANK YOU to everyone who wished me merry and well on Christmas, I got so many messages that my phone got mad at me. :)

0 comments: