Cornify

Friday, December 12, 2008

"Not A Missionary, Not Yet A Poet"

Sometimes I wonder why I feel the need to open my mouth and speak when everything meaningful and significant has already been said.

I think the reason I still try to write and speak is, because maybe it hasn't all been said already. And even if it has, some of it needs to be repeated because it seems like we don't spend a lot of time looking for it or listening to it.

Either way, I am making an effort to listen and read and take in information as much as I possibly can, rather than just spew out every cliché, immature and underdeveloped idea that comes into my mind.

With that said, I came across an article on RELEVANT that almost tells my story better than I could tell it myself:

http://relevantmagazine.com/god_article.php?id=138

It's called "Not A Missionary, Not Yet A Poet" by

"Somewhere between age 4 and age 10, I realized that I was in love with Africa. I still am. I’ve just never been there.
"

Those two sentences are... well, me. That's my story. And I share it with someone else. Someone by the name of But I feel that I understand a big part of her life. I don't really know what that means. I guess it just goes to show you that you that we are all part of the same story, and that there will always be someone else in your boat.

I guess I just wanted to share this article.

It's woth a read.

And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Alicia147 said...

beautiful. thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Hey Morgalina! I could see how that article hit home. Thanks for sharing!