Cornify

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dear Eric,

Hello.
This is a letter written to you, Eric.
I am writing this to you because lately, you have been a very good friend to me and you have listened to me and you have taken a lot of crap from me.
This could be because you are far away at school and you don't have a lot of other friends there, but either way, I appreciate it.

I want to say that I was right about the hammer.

The kiss was the hammer.
The hammer that drove the nail into the coffin that held my dead friendship.

The friendship that once sailed so beautifully is now dead.
And the coffin is nailed shut.

I will admit that I am a little sad, but no, I am not bitter.

I'm tempted to be hurt and confused and upset, because you and I both know that I didn't want things to happen like this.
In fact, I don't really know what I did to cause this, and perhaps it was not me at all.
But I am not going to be upset or angry. I am just going to accept it.
So please, dear Eric, do not tell me to try to do anything about it or change it, because I can't. And that doesn't really matter anyway, now does it?


I wish I was wrong about the hammer. But I was not.

The only hope I hold is that I know the God whom I love and serve and trust, and am learning to love and trust more and more and more each day, can resurrect the dead.
He has done it before and will do it again. All that he requires of me is for me to trust him and to follow him, which I am learning to do all over again.

Thank you for sharing that passage from Job. It was really beautiful.

Things right now are alight, and they will get much better.


Also, tonight I get to see you sing while wearing a bow-tie! I am excited.

Thank you for reading and understanding.

Your friend truly,

Morgan

P.S. I realize that my hammer metaphor potentially gives a whole new meaning to the quote: "The hammer is my penis." from Dr. Horrible. I find that hilarious.

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

I know this is written for Eric, but as it is on your blog I could not resist reading also.

I am sorry to hear that things have gone badly. We should talk if you want to, because I would like to know the missing chunk that has led to this conclusion.

And also because I just enjoy talking to you. ^^

p.s. I love the fact that you brought Dr. Horrible up at the end, hahah.

Anonymous said...

dear morgan,

sorry my bowtie lied to you.

your friend,
eric

Morgan Miller said...

All things considered, it wasn't that much of a disappointment.

Was ANYONE'S bowtie real?

And shame on you for reading other peoples mail, cassandra!

Anonymous said...

harold's is, but he always unties it the instant he starts conducting most of the time.

Cassandra said...

Don't leave it out where other people can see it, Morgan! :P