Cornify

Saturday, February 7, 2009

a real family

Yesterday was a fun and interesting day.

I got a new phone and had a fancy lunch with my mom and saw the movie Coraline (which was only amazing because of the 3D, which was amazing) among a few other fun and interesting things.
Also, I had planned to go downtown to see Fiction Family (whom I love and adore in every way) at anthology with Courtney.
But unfortunately, the tickets were sold out. Entirely.

I was actually... completely alright with this.
Which I realized shows that my heart has grown a lot. I year or two ago I would get rather upset when I couldn't see a concert that I really wanted to go to. I placed a lot of importance on those things. And I still do find them wonderful and important, but also, now, my heart is in a better place.

Well, instead, Courtney and I met up with Athan and Becca, and we had several serious discussions about our lives and God and death and the bible and spiritual issues and everything, and it was pretty incredible.
Also, we exchanged a bunch of greeting cards. This is a fun practice that I recommend. But I guess it's really hard to explain (Athan...), so I'll tell you about it later.
I really love my friends and I'm immensely thankful from them.

So, I didn't spend the night with Fiction Family, but instead with my real family. Well, my friends. But you get the idea.

And today was an arrested development marathon.

I have not made a huge mistake.
Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

Maya said...

It sucks that you didn't get to see FF. :/

I started watching Arrested Development like you recommended. It took a few episodes for me to get into it, as usual, but now I think it's hilarious.

Courtney said...

I LOVE this blog, especially the title..

:D

And i am happy you have not made a HUGE mistake...Just watch out for seals with bowties... ;)