Cornify

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

lately







This is a conglomeration of the books, movies and music that have impacted/influenced me lately.

I was going to explain each one of them, and how and why I decided to listen to/read/watch them, but that would take too many words to say.

Some things have been for school, some because of friends, some because I wanted to re-discover some of the older gems that I previously cherished. A few of them have some fun and long stories behind them

But I'm trying to not say so many words. I talk too much as it is.

However, if you want me to explain any of these, just ask! I certainly shall!

(P.S. I filled this with yummy surprises!)

6 comments:

Abbey Grace. said...

love Kundera. so much heavy (or should i say... light) stuff packed into his writing.

Kenny said...

i'm stoked that you are into redeemer. :)

Morgan Miller said...

Abbey: Graber ranted about how amazing Kundera is my whole senior year and I am just now reading this book! I don't know what took me so long!

And oh goodness Kenny, sometimes it's the only think that empathizes with the pain I'm feeling.
It is unique and raw and heavy and beautiful.

Let's break out the shotguns, we're going to town.

A-ron said...

I heard Welcome Wagon on Relevant, I'll have to check them out. Also, I keep hearing about Elbow, what's the scoop on them, are they a must-have to your musical collection?

Morgan Miller said...

Aaron: yes! If The RELEVANT podcast was a book/CD/movie, I would have put it in this post for sure.
The Welcome Wagon is, according to Eric, "If Sufjan Stevens was also a girl and was married to himself."

And as far as Elbow goes, I have NO idea what their "scoop" is!
I had never heard of them before this album! I think they are an old British band, but I am really unfamiliar.
Eric gave me this album and I keep listening to it again and again.
It's eclectic and edgy and soulful and hard to describe.
Listen to "starlings" or "grounds for divorce" and you will know if you want the album or not.

And Morgan, you said: "the only think" instead of: "the only thing."
For shame.

Anonymous said...

cat stevens ftw! or, i mean, yusuf islam ftw!