Cornify

Sunday, August 30, 2009

500 days of summer



This movie was cute, funny, beautifully scripted and filmed, and it completely and utterly changed my entire life.
I think it was the most amazing movie (and the most applicable to my life) I've ever seen.

Please see it.

It really just... wow. It was good.


As Isaac Becker once said to me:
"There are other rocks in the quarry."

I didn't understand what he meant when he said it, because I'm not much of a miner. But after seeing this movie, I am now more than enthusiastic to see what the big, beautiful quarry has in store.
:)

3 comments:

- Liz said...

i watched this movie last night and i agree, it was amazing.

Anonymous said...

how was it applicable to your life?

Morgan Miller said...

It was just a great movie and it was something I really related to.

I have gone through something very similar, and I knew the story all too well.
Every emotion that fell across Joseph Gordon-Levitt's beautiful face I had felt in my heart.

Even the stupid stuff, like when he says, "Summer makes me feel like life is worth it." or even later on when he says, "People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated."

It just applied to how I felt in my own situation at different points.
It reminded me of the great times in the relationship and it made me more aware of how I dealt with the negative times.

And now, especially, looking back, my own relationship was not exactly everything I thought it was, and the movie does an amazing job of relating exactly that.

One character even says: "Tom, I know you think she was the one, but I don't. Next time you look back, I think you should look again."

It was a great, great, great story and a great reminder to my heart about the beauty in love and how everything, everything ends.

Thanks for asking, Anonymous. If you haven't seen it yet, please do!