Cornify

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good Will Hunting

I just watched Good Will Hunting. I was very impressed. I've seen it once before, but I think then I just didn't really "get" it.
This time it really hit me. It was pretty brilliant.

It's funny how one thing, such as a song or a movie or a piece of art, can hit you over and over again in different ways. This has been happening to me a lot lately

Anyway, here's an interesting quote form the film:


"You don't know about real loss, 'cause that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. I look at you. I don't see an intelligent, confident man. I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius, Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you."


Also, I'm going up to LA tonight to visit Eric at Azusa! I'm excited.
Then, hopefully I'll get to see Rocky Horror Picture show, and then Cassandra and I are getting CPR certified downtown once again. I don't actually plan on sleeping until Sunday.

I feel really, really good.
I think part of it has to do with something I learned in my astronomy class on Tuesday, and part of it has to do with the amazingly supportive friends that I have, and a lot of it has to do with Jesus.
I guess it also has to do with the new perspective I have which allowed me to see Good Will Hunting and realize how great it is.

Peace

0 comments: