Cornify

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

some things I've learned lately

- The way I want things to happen, and the way I think that things should happen, are not the way that things actually do happen. Basically, you can't always get what you want.

- God's ways are much higher than my ways. He is in control of everything.

- I am way too much of an idealist. I am full of "shoulds." We learned about the "should fallacy" today in my communications class. I commit that one quite often.

- I don't think I know any real men. True manhood is verging on extinct these days. A good man is hard to find.

- It's very important to be generous. We should give all we can without asking for anything in return.

- Practice is hard, but it makes you closer to perfect than anything else.

- Innocence is in the interpretation of something.

- Life is fragile and beautiful and precious.

1 comments:

Maya said...

You know, I was just thinking - women are supposed to be the more irrational sex, right? But generally, this hasn't been my experience at ALL. Now that's sad.

Real men FTW.