Cornify

Monday, March 16, 2009

i've been havin' good days

I like this time of March quite a bit!

There are a plethora of birthdays and little interesting holidays here and there.
And I was so busy this weekend that I didn't get a chance to blog about any of it.
Which is actually fantastic.
Real life happened.
I went outside and breathed the beautiful air and saw the snow on mt. baldy and looked at the stars and didn't have time to record it all on the dumb internet.
Now, the internet has it's value, and I use it and appreciate it for sure. But people who make things on the internet their whole lives are actually pretty sad and probably pretty lonely. Maybe get the hell off of youtube for a day and invest your time in other people, eh?
That's what made my weekend so great, anyway.

I don't think that I've ever had a weekend so completely packed full of stuff that didn't involve any specific plans.

Friday the 13th I spent the day up at Azusa with Eric. Athan and I drove the beautiful little RX-8 up there and it was SO AWESOME.


We went to Hebrew early in the morning, and then Eric and Athan and I went to chapel, where I learned that Jesus does not actually look like Jesus, but like a snotty rich guy who wanted to sleep with his sister, and then we explored a nearby college campus and made a zombie plan for it, and then we went to Vietnam, and then Athan left and we went to Eric's choir class, and then we ran into a protest, and then we tried to take the metro to Hollywood, but Evan whined so we didn't take the metro. Then we went to AMOEBA and Eric and I had a giddy field day.


When we got back, Eric was really out of it it and it was funny.
I want to say thank you to Dorè for letting me sleep on her very comfy couch and eat her ice cream. It was very nice!

Pi day (3.14) was pretty interesting. I didn't have a chance to sleep because I drove down LA at 4 AM and then Cassandra and I had to be downtown at 6:30 to be CPR certified!
I fell asleep during the instruction video, but I remembered everything from last year so I only missed one question on the test. Gary and I had a tea party later that day, and then I learned something about respect and human communication, but I learned it the hard way. It was tough.
I can't even say everything that happened, nor do I care to. That's part of the fun and mystery of life. You can't blog all of it.

Sunday was The Ides of March and Will's birthday! I went to RBBC, went to lunch with Will and other people from RBBC, including Tim Nellis, who is incredible, and then we had a little party for Will in the afternoon at the Bundy's. Also Madi came home and it was wonderful!!! It was so good to see her.


I got entirely too much glitter forcefully rubbed in my hair that night and it sucked.
After that, Athan and I explored a tiny tunnel that runs underneath a street. There were lots of spiders and a few frogs and the most brilliant echo I can think of. What happened was summed up pretty nicely in this note.
I got entirely not enough sleep, but I felt so wonderful!

Today in my Communications class my teacher asked us to name some emotions that we felt over the weekend.
I wrote down 45 emotions. Yeah, I quite a plethora of emotions. Most of them were really good. But boy did I experience a lot this weekend.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's day!

Oh, March. What a time!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That ride up was SO MUCH FUN!!!

And I'm really not sure how Will is able to make something as monotonous as jumping a car look so stylish and amazing.