Cornify

Friday, March 6, 2009

Watchmen

So at around 3 AM this morning I saw Watchmen.

I still don't know what I really think about it.

My first impression I guess, was that it definitely lived up to the hype.
It was epic and beautifully filmed. Every visual detail was stunning. It also was horribly violent and kind of disturbing.

There was way too much blood. And way too much sex. And way too much gore... pretty much everything typical of Zack Snyder.

The soundtrack however, which included Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'", Simon and Garfunkel's The Sound Of Silence, and All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix was obviously good, but confusing and inappropriate to the movie.

The book was amazing, and it's hard to give it a comparison to the movie... in some ways it was prefect, in some ways it was TERRIBLE because they changed so much of the book. Especially the ending...
My three word to review to eric was: "Zack changed everything." And well... he almost did.

Anyway, here is a review of the film on RELEVANT: http://relevantmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16218
I agree.

The movie ended in the wee hours of the morning after the sun had risen... I took a nap of sorts and then went to the beach with Athan and then to dinner with my family, and I think the day still has quite a few more hours in it still. I most likely will watch Milo and Otis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually liked it. you're right, some changes that were done made no sense at all to me, and the end was very odd and unnecessary, but it was still a good movie. i would tell people to read the graphic novel before i told them to watch the movie, if they should at all. and yeah, too much sex for sure.... lame.

Anonymous said...

How is too much sex a bad thing?